The Yook has launched the second venue in Chatswood and is looking for an experienced Front of House Manager to provide an outstanding customer experience whilst managing high standards of operation.
Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining customer satisfaction, employee training, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also preferred, as you’ll hire qualified waitstaffs, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, minimum of 3 years.
- Experience in a Korean BBQ restaurant is preferred but not essential
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and waitstaff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software,
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Smart and pleasant communicator
- Good command of Korean and English